Tuesday, August 3, 2010

happy birthday grandma!

My grandmother's 90th birthday was August 1st. This gave us all an excuse to get together with family we don't see often. Friday night was dinner for 20 at woodlands, a fantastic restaurant on an old plantation near her in south carolina. I wish i lived on a plantation like this.


We took the opportunity to get a picture of the six of us with our grandmother. She looks so cute and happy!



Saturday we poked around charleston and had a cookout at my uncle's house. I found plenty of houses i wanted down near the battery. We ate lunch at poogan's porch which was tasty. We got fried alligator and fried green tomatoes. Very healthy. I happened to be standing on the edge of the wall for this picture, which makes me the tallest of the four of us in the photo. Strange.


On sunday, we had a big party at my grandmother's place with all her little friends. I talked to lots of older folk, and loved them all!! Cheers for new friends!!



Monday morning we played some cards before heading to the beach for the rest of the trip. Happy birthday Grandma!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment