Tuesday, July 27, 2010

hairdos

I judge people based on their haircuts. If someone's sporting a well coiffed 'do, i think "wow! That person's really put together!" Frizzy/messy hair says "lazy", combover says "insecurity", while a closely cut crown around a balding spot is the opposite (and good, in my opinion). If i spot a punkster with multi-colored spikes, i'll likely cross the road. 
As far as i can remember, all my prejudging has been directed at teens or adults, never kids. My question is, do the same stereotypes apply to the under ten crowd? If you saw this kid and his new mohawk hanging around your local park, what would your impression be?


2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you won't see me before my next hair cut, otherwise you would think "lazy" (which is what I think myself when I look in the mirror and don't even bother to brush my hair).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, no worries. I think that about myself 99.9% of the time. The fact that I haven't had it cut since Dec (and still refuse to because of mia David) doesn't help matters.

    ReplyDelete