Sunday, August 8, 2010

good news!

I may have located my long-time haircutter, david. After finding out he was no longer at his old salon when i tried to make an appointment in april, i swore i wouldn't get my hair cut until i found him. The impression i got when speaking to the old salon was that it was an unexpected (and not very friendly) parting, and they were not willing to pass on any forwarding info. My hopes of him having my number in his own "little black book" were not met and i resigned myself to looking like rapunzel in a few years time. I buckled down and prepared for a future of ponytails and hair ties. Until, that is, i found my first ever split end after just eight months without a hair cut. That was enough to get me moving and i repeated my initial google search hoping to find something, anything, that would lead me to david. This time luck was with me and i managed to come across his last name (which i hadn't been able to remember). From there i found a few random mentions of a new salon which appear to be legitimate. I will call on tuesday. Keep your fingers crossed!

4 comments:

  1. I saw Aisha last week and we were both so happy to see each other. We think I've been getting my hair cut with her for something like 11-12 years. David will be happy to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great if you really found him! It took me a while before finding a great one here. But, this lady cuts my hair like no other! Guess that means when I eventually move back East I'll have to come back to ABQ for haircuts. Now that's an expensive cut :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Finding your old hairdresser...Sweet! These are the kinds of little moments that are under-appreciated in the world and really make your day. I had one of these days recently when I found the nagging microscopic hole in my air mattress. It was awesome to plug that sucker! I thought I had to throw that $100 mattress in the can! Woo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's correct!!! I'm seeing him on August 25th!! My hair's excited.

    ReplyDelete