Wednesday, August 25, 2010

rainy

Today was perfect. Perfect, perfect, perfect. Which was so needed since recently i've been somewhat anxious about my plans for the future. I didn't have anything in particular, but was hoping to get a last minute appointment for a haircut (since i had to reschedule the one i'd originally scheduled for weds night). As luck would have it, they were able to sneak me in at 1pm. Since the weather was crappy (decent blowing rain all day), i wasn't interested in driving and looking for parking. Instead, i threw on my rain boots, grabbed an umbrella, and hopped on the bus. I even got to finish my book on the way in. As i mentioned, i hadn't had my hair cut in 8 months since david left his old salon. It was looking rough. It was so good to see him today- he was so happy i'd found him (he'd looked for me on facebook with no luck!) and took his time giving me a perfect cut. 
Since i was on newbury already, sara met me down there and we went to restaurant week lunch at bouchee. We had a fantastic three course meal (though split everything, so technically it was six half courses) and took our time because we're ladies who lunch. I've decided that my favorite type of restaurant is french brasserie. You have no clue how long it's taken me to come to that decision. 
Upon venturing back out into the rainy day, we said goodbye and headed towards our own bus stops, picking up some flowers at the farmers market on my way. As i walked away after my pleasant exchange with the flower man, i realized how content i felt. Not exuberantly happy- just quite relaxed and at peace. I can't remember ever noticing this before, but realized it was so much better than being happy or excited about something. It was just what i needed today.

1 comment: