Saturday, July 17, 2010

construction

I was potentially going to stay in vermont until sunday, but couldn't find a ride back, so came back yesterday instead. This only matters because i was warned that there would be a rambunctious group of 45 year old guys hanging out tonight, and that i might want to "hide". At first i planned to see a movie, but when i wasn't quite excited about any of my options, i decided to finally build a headboard for my bed, something i'd been planning to do since september when i upgraded from a full to a queen.
I had a mental picture of what i wanted, and after building my full size bed from old doors, this was fairly straightforward. Got some plywood, added some foam, batting, fabric, buttons and legs, and attached to the bed. It took me a good three hours or so (of which 1.5 were used making the buttons and sewing them on), but worked out exactly as i'd planned. Here's my new headboard..




It's a good thing i had a project to do on the third floor, because they're still at it at 2 in the morning. It sounds like i live in a frat house.

3 comments:

  1. beyond gorgeous steph!! can you come over and make me one? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to transfer my subscription of Architectural Digest over to you. You deserve it more than me. I deserve Cat Fancy.

    ReplyDelete