Saturday, April 2, 2011

fitness challenge

Our friends at the hose introduced "the hose spring fitness challenge" which began on 4/1/11 and ends on 6/30/11. All participants were invited to come up with 1-5 personal challenge items which they then work towards and share their progress throughout the time span. Woohoo! I'm all about this type of challenge, especially because it focuses on personal challenges while still offering a prize (ie- winner=competition!). Here are my 5 picks:

1) Lose 15+ lbs
2) Eating:
a) Cook at least 2 healthy meals/week which I'll plan and shop for in advance (I already make massive vats of  soup regularly which I then live off for a while, but figured I should mix it up a bit).
b) Make it through at least one week with no carbs- just protein and veggies.
3) Running:
a) Finish the couch to 5K program (I'm currently on week 5 of 9).
b) Sign up for a 5K and run (or jog) it. This is tentatively scheduled for 6/5/11.
4) Take Cooper to a minimum of 5 new long walk locations (like ponds, hiking, etc- not just a new route in the neighborhood).
5) Lap swim and take a class at least once/week.

I figured I'd write an update at the end of each week (which will be Friday-Thursday) to keep me (and anyone who cares) on top of it. You're all welcome to join us as well- just add your goals in the comment section and get cracking!

1 comment:

  1. hey steph- you're off to a great start! you're taking this fitness challenge more seriously than most hosers, so i would have to say that you're a favorite to win. i think your main competition would be:

    1. and -- she's already run a 10 mile race. she seems like serious business.

    2. killerb -- he can somehow miraculously run 6 miles in 50 minutes at the "shape" he's in now. it's mind boggling. once he focuses, there's no telling what he can accomplish.

    3. ME! -- let's face it. i never lose at anything. i dont imagine that i will start now.

    ReplyDelete