Thursday, April 7, 2011

Fitness challenge update. Week one.

The first week went relatively well, though I had to squish some stuff in since I forgot the week ends on Thurs. My c25k week is Mon-Sun, so it can get a little confusing. Here's how I did with regards to my goals:

1) Minus 7.7!!!! I'm using my wii fit as the official measurement for the duration of this challenge. I didn't have time to weigh in on Friday, so my numbers will be a bit off. Plus, I don't think I actually lost that much, so hopefully it won't increase this Friday!
2a) I planned my meals and made my list on Sunday, went shopping on Monday, and did my cooking on Tues and Thurs. Tues meal was an asparagus, tomato, cottage cheese and ww tortilla bake thing. It was far better than I anticipated. Tonight I made a stir fry (lemon, asparagus, chicken, onion, garlic, broth), but didn't eat it yet. I'm bringing it to work tomorrow night since I have a packed day and won't have time to cook.
2b) This starts tomorrow.
3a) I'm right on track with this- finished week 6 day 2 today.
4) Cooper had a great week of new walk locations. We got three in! I may up my goal to 10.
Walk 1= A visit with Nora and Pax- we did a three mile loop near them which included Tufts, Davis Square, and a nice bike/walking path.
Walk 2= A wooded trail near my parents' house where I spent tons of time as a kid. Cooper balanced over narrow bridges and generally loved every minute of it.
Walk 3= Brookline reservoir. A one mile sandy/gravely loop around the water. One of my favorite places to run.
5) Class= I went to my favorite class last Friday- sports drills. I love this because we do fun stuff that changes regularly and involves more than the typical step or aerobics class.
Swimming= Laps on Weds. Will adjust my goal to specify 1/2 mile distance each swim. Totally doable.

This coming week seemed like a good one for me to try the no carbs goal, so I've stocked up on the stuff I need. I've also decided it's finally time to make myself like cottage cheese once and for all. I've tried several times before, but still am not a huge fan. By the end of this week, I'll have eaten enough of it to either like it, or never want to see it again.

5 comments:

  1. i like the new background you put on this site! also, i will WIN!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I think it was a fluke. Either that, or a result of 2.5 days of no carb diet in which case I may continue it indefinitely!!
    Thanks Evil. I really didn't like the one I had up for a day, and felt this had a good mix of simplicity and creativity. As for winning, you're wrong. (While we're on the subject, who determines the winner of this thing anyway?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome!! Sounds like it's going really well so far. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. the winner is determined by Hoser vote!!!

    ReplyDelete