Tuesday, October 12, 2010

produce

I've been growing stuff in my vegetable garden for some time now, and finally picked what was left and pulled everything else out today. While I lost a bunch of stuff to the termite poison, the small garden did a good job providing me with tons of green beans, herbs, a couple beets, and carrots. Here are some pictures I've taken over the past couple of weeks.


This is the biggest carrot I managed to grow. Not bad, considering the garden is a raised bed only on foot high. The other ones I pulled today are all cut up in the bowl in the background.


Here are the beets and another batch of carrots.


And lastly, here are the beets (cooked) and some of the green beans. I love the rings of color in the beets. While the envelope the seeds came in said that would happen, I was still excited to see it really happened!

4 comments:

  1. The veggies look great Steph! My parents have a small vegetable garden and without the blight we were actually able to enjoy the fresh tomatoes this year. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are the ultimate localvore. take that hipsters!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We should take every type of seasonal fruits and vegetables for remaining healthy. All those fruits contain essential element which are extremely required for our health.

    termite baits

    ReplyDelete