Sunday, October 31, 2010

happy halloween!

Unlike the past few years, tonight I am staying in and handing out the candy. I got a huge bag from costco last week and after having candy for breakfast the next morning, brought it to my neighbors for safe keeping. Today I carved the pumpkin and made some pumpkin spiders to hang outside. The squirrels must have been extra hungry since they basically ate the entire thing. Crazy. I made a fire in the fireplace, put on a good movie, and am currently pausing it every two minutes to hand out candy. Our neighborhood is prime trick-or-treating area, and kids come in from all over the place- tonight more so than normal. Consequently, i totally ran out of candy after the first hour. This has never happened. Usually I have a bunch of leftovers that I try to pawn off to the last few kids at night. Tonight I had to go next door to steal some from my neighbors. Though I'm all for shutting the porch light off early, 7:15 is pushing it. Hopefully this will hold me over until at least 8:30 or 9.

No comments:

Post a Comment