Sunday, September 19, 2010

car

I've decided that i can no longer put off getting a new car. My poor jetta will soon need a significant amount of work, and at 11 years old, it just doesn't make sense to spend the money fixing it. After much research, I've decided on the subaru forester as my new mode of transportation. Though i haven't test driven it yet (in which case things may change), i am in love. Tomorrow i will spend the day crunching numbers to make sure i can swing it, and then it will be on to getting the best deal on the new car as well as the trade in. Today i read through some online info on how to maximize your trade in value. Basically, they have a general idea of what the car's worth from the get-go, but then look at the paint job, the interior, fluid levels, and take it for a test drive. Luckily for vivian, her exterior is great. Most people are shocked when they hear how old she is. (Must take after me.) Her interior's not bad, but the door handle broke off a few years ago, as did the one to the glove compartment. After some research, it looks like the glove compartment won't be worth my fixing, but the door handle should be super straightforward. I already have the whole thing removed and disassembled, so will check with vw to see if they have the replacement piece tomorrow.
I've also decided that i should start picking up lottery tickets. That, or marry rich. Or just find some wealthy person who appreciates that i work with sick kids and wants to buy me a car or pay off my school loans. If only it were that easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment